Sunday, December 4, 2016

Aha Journal: December 4th

PSA ads


As I scrolled through Facebook today, I stumbled across this rather powerful video:


Wow! I was so caught up in the love story that I missed every single sign.

This video is part of a campaign for violence warning-signs. A Sandy Hook group started this campaign to help prevent future school shootings.

In my opinion, this type of PSA campaign is effective because it is not looking for time or money. Rather, it is looking for people to be observant. The video shows people how easy it is to be oblivious to something that is happening right in front of us.

When I watched the video, I admit I completely missed out on all of the warning signs. Since I knew the video was about a school shooting, I wasn't surprised when a shooter walked into the gym, but I was disappointed in myself for not realizing all of the signs pointed to a particular person throughout the video. This reinforces the idea that a lot of times, school shooters aren't people who randomly wake up and decide to kill that day. Rather, shooters are people who have been planning and thinking about it for quite some time. If someone would have noticed, maybe they could have been stopped.

What are your thoughts on this PSA campaign? Why do you think this particular video is effective or ineffective?

No comments:

Post a Comment